Welcome to Lightfoot's website
We are dedicated to helping people to make changes in the way they use energy, staying warm and saving money. There is more need than ever for good, reliable and impartial energy efficiency information & encouragement, with evidence of rising fuel poverty and carbon emissions.
Mandy Brick is our part-time co-ordinator, organising our activities and projects with tireless good heartedness and efficiency. We have a team of 40 volunteers across SW Shropshire and adjoining parts of Powys and Herefordshire. Roles range from energy surveyors to board members.
In recent times we have:
- Run a woodstoves project, enabling people to improve wood seasoning and get the best from their stoves;
- Re-surveyed 600 of our original clients on the Welsh side of the border;
- Run a three day Open Eco-homes event in Presteigne featuring new builds as well as retrofitted homes;
- Piloted energy diaries in schools in Berriew, Arddleen and Llanidloes, involving children in awareness of energy efficiency;
- Run a quiz evenings at local WIs.
- Worked with Cwm Harry Land Trust in Newtown running stalls in a charity shop (YMCA) and in the street to raise energy awareness, give advice and gather insight into fuel poverty, while promoting CH’s repair cafe.
We continue to offer independent, impartial and expert household energy surveys. With these we provide invaluable advice and information, helping you to prioritise actions and get the best results for your home and your budget. Only £60!
Please browse our website to find out more about energy efficiency and renewable energy – what you can do and how we can help you to do it.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
PRESS RELEASE MAY 2016
Light Foot Enterprises is very pleased to announce that their Coordinator Mandy Brick has been appointed as a Peer Practitioner Mentor for Renew Wales. Renew Wales was set up by a group of community practioners to help community groups tackle the causes and impacts of climate change through advice, training, mentoring and technical support from other experienced Community Practitioners. They do this through their coordinators connecting with community groups across Wales to motivate, inspire, and demonstrate what can be done and help communities make their own priorities for action through talks, workshops and focus groups.
Light Foot Enterprises Registered charity number 1154310. Registered Company 6494228
Correspondence address: 2 Church Street, Bishop's Castle, Shropshire, SY9 5AA